- Choose a ribbon. The design of the ribbon that you will use is obviously very important in how your cheerleading bows would turn out. Choose a design that will complement your cheerleading uniform. Depending on your preference, you can choose a texture and design that will either standout or blend in with your whole cheerleading outfit. One cheerleading bow will use up around 30 inches long so make sure you buy enough for the number of cheerleading bows you want to make. Also, choose ribbons that are around 2 to 3 inches wide.
- Cut the ribbons. Cut the ribbon into several pieces of 30 inches in length. One piece will make up one cheerleading bow so make sure to cut enough pieces for everyone in the team.
- Assemble the bow. To assemble the ribbon into a cheerleading bow, loop both ends of the ribbon. Make sure to position the loops such that both tails of the bow are pointing downwards. If you prefer a more elaborate cheerleading bow, you can add more loops and then pinch all the loops together.
- Secure the loops. There are many ways you can secure the loops of your cheerleading bow. You can use needle and thread to stitch them all together or you can use a zip tie instead. Make sure that the loops are held tightly and that they are secure. Once the loops are secured, you need to put another knotted ribbon over the stitch or the zip tie to cover it up. You can use a different ribbon or you can choose the same ribbon.
- Attach a barrette or pin. Use glue to attach a barrette or a hair pin to the back of your cheerleading bow. Wait for the glue to completely dry before trying out the cheerleading bow.
HOW TO MAKE CHEERLEADING BOWSDecember 20, 2011
A guide to help you make your own cheerleading bows.
A complete cheerleading outfit consists of many things – cheerleading uniform, shoes, pom poms, and other cheerleading accessories. Among the most common cheerleading accessories that many cheerleaders use are cheerleading bows.
Cheerleading bows are more than just accents on the hairs of the cheerleaders. A cheerleading bow also serves as an accessory to hold the cheerleader’s hair. The stunts and moves that are performed by cheerleaders could cause a lot of hair whipping and swishing. The cheerleading bows provide adequate hair control so that the hair is kept in place and away from the cheerleaders’ faces.
Although you can easily buy affordable cheerleading bows like those from CheerleadingOnline.com, some cheerleading teams also choose to make their own bows. The activity of making their own bows also provides a bonding opportunity for the team. If you are planning to make cheerleading bows with your teammates, below is a guide on how to make them.
Posted by verna luga
She earned her Masters in Applied Social Research at Ateneo de Davao University. She's a hard-core pluralist, an eternal optimist, a 40ish realist and a frustrated florist. She’s a mother, a teacher, a dreamer and who knows one day a potter.
Powered by Blogger.