- To enjoin the media in encouraging every Filipino to become more financially prepared and break free from the bondages of ignorance, worry, debt and financial dependency.
- To enable media to be a catalyst of change that can bring about a future-ready Philippines
- To empower media to propagate Sun Life’s financial literacy advocacy
DETAILS OF THE COMPETITION
- The contest is open to Filipino print journalists from both broadsheets and tabloids nationwide. Writers may enter the contest themselves or may get nominated by their editors.
- Nominees must possess social responsibility and personal integrity, and must be recognized for his or her highly professional character.
- To qualify, a nominee must have written at least three (3) articles that address any of the following objectives:
- Educate readers on different financial products and services
- Share stories that readers may draw inspiration from their own financial journey
- Articles should be original, written in English, bylined, and published between December 1, 2014 and October 30, 2015.
- Each nominee will be allowed to submit a maximum of five (5) articles.
- Entries must consist of the following:
- Nomination form (provided by Sun Life)
- MS Word files of the articles, each clearly labeled with the date the story was published and the name of the publication
- Curriculum vitae
- Entries will be reviewed and screened by a panel of judges composed of prominent personalities from both private and public sectors. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the theme of financial literacy – 50%
- Overall impact (must be accurate, informative, educational and compelling) – 50%
- There will be only one Grand Champion each from Luzon (including NCR), Visayas, and Mindanao.
- Prizes will be as follows:
The Grand Champion from each of these island groups will receive a cash prize of P35,000 plus Sun Life Prosperity Fund starter fund worth P5,000, and a trophy.
- Deadline of submission of entries is on November 6, 2015. Submit your entry to Sun Life PR & Communications via Lalie Novero (email@example.com)